[Dixielandjazz] Stan Getz Interview reference to mentor Jack Teagarden

Mike C. mike at michaelcryer.com
Sat Oct 29 17:25:30 PDT 2005

Nice Read Steve. I knew that he was strongly influenced by Lester Young,
but I never knew of the Teagarden link. But now that I listen to his
recordings that I own again, it makes sense.

Jack Teagarden had incredible lip flexibility which allowed him to use
few slide positions than the rest of us mere mortals. He used to play
baritone before he picked up the trombone.

Mike