[Dixielandjazz] Mainly for UK listees

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 10:45:44 PDT 2005

Sun Nov 6th 8pm to 10.45  The Langdale Hall, Witney (12 miles W Oxford) UK

Kaminsky Connection has a Charity Jazz Night with John Barnes as guest.

The line-up is: Tony Davis (on one of Max Kaminsky's old cornets), Mike
Wills (reeds), Paul Munnery (tbn). Perry Lock (pno), Roger Davis (bass),
Rachel Hayward (gtr) and I'll be singing some of the songs that we associate
with Lee Wiley.

Tickets are £10, There's ample parking and a decent sized dance floor.

Before the "police" get excited, I'll explain: the band will be paid by me.
A retired engineer  did some work and asked that his fee should go to
charity.  Turned out he was a jazz fan and John Barnes is his all time
favourite.  So, I've  got a large pond and it now holds water, the band gets
a gig with John, Terry gets to hear (and meet) his favourite player and the
local children's hospice will get a substantial donation.  If I were
religious, I'd probably bang on about a divine hand, but I reckon it just
shows how an initial act of kindness can snowball :-)

If you'd like a ticket kept, please email me or if you have friends who
might be interested I'd appreciate you passing on the info.

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection
Aston, Oxfordshire