[Dixielandjazz] Kenny Ball

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Fri Oct 28 09:31:57 PDT 2005

> Is Kenny Ball still playing? When Cell Block 7 was in Edinburgh in '92,
his
> room was right next to mine, but our schedules made it impossible for me
> meet him, dammit! Someone said his health was bad...that FAST 4 beat
band of
> his was absolutely great!

He is still around and touring, but his health is variable. He often has
a second trumpet player with him to help out. I saw him a couple of
years ago and was a bit disappointed, not a patch on his earlier stuff.

Well worth tracking down his recordings though.

Andy Ling