[Dixielandjazz] Re: sleep walk

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 27 23:14:41 PDT 2005

>It is Sleep Walk by Johnny Farina and touching tune made for steel guitar<

Dear Luis,
Recorded by Santo and Johnny [Farina] in 1959.
More Hawaiian/R&B than jazz.
No wonder I have never heard of it!
(Just joking.)
I searched the song and the Farina brothers on Google and was able to
download their instrumental recording, another vocal version of the song,
and found the lyrics.
Which led me to a source in my research files which revealed it to be their
only $million seller. It was written in 1958 by Santo, Johnny and Ann Farina
when the brothers were 18 and 21 respectively.
Their record was one of the few purely instrumental records to top the US
lists (for two weeks) at that time.
Interesting.
Kind regards,
Bill.