[Dixielandjazz] Trombones

Mike C. mike at michaelcryer.com
Thu Oct 27 21:25:38 PDT 2005

A Bit stuffy eh? I thought so too. Part of it is because the small bore
size (.484). The other part is that it was built for a trumpet player. I
didn't particularly care for it. The idea of the superbone wasn't a new
idea when Maynard had his built by Holton in the mid 70's. I saw one
that Conn built in the 1930's though it wasn't called a superbone,
though it was about the same bore size if I remember correctly.

Mike