[Dixielandjazz] Tiger Rag

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Oct 27 21:06:43 PDT 2005

 Anton Crouch wrote:

(snip)
> Two hours of "Tiger Rag" ?    Argggggggh !
>
> With mates like that, who needs enemies    :-)
>
> I must confess that my comment is a case of the the pot calling the kettle
> black - I once presented a programme devoted entirely the "The Saints".
> But
> that was only 1 hour.
(snip)

 I have mentioned this on DJML before.  When I did a weekly 3 hour radio
show in Los Angeles, I once played something like 47 versions of "Royal
Garden Blues".  Or maybe it was 27.  Anyway, it was 3 hours worth.  I did
not acknowledge that I was playing the same song over & over.  I was
announcing each one as if it was a new song.

Stan Brager was my engineer so he may remember exactly how many versions I
did play.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com