[Dixielandjazz] Holiday Entertainers wanted Just passing it on!

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 19:26:21 PDT 2005

Hi guys:  Just passing it on, somebody might wanna do it.

Here is one of those BIG TIME GIGS for anyone who might be interested.

Maybe a Banjo Player who's Wife warbles a bit, or one who has a couple
of good singing Beagle hounds to accompany him to make it a trio.   One
man Band maybe??

Personally I will be flippin' burgers at McDonalds making more money
but that's cause I live in the high rent district and have to have high
income.     I may however have a Brain surgery gig those days as well,
since I have gone to moonlighting on my days off as a musician.   I
especially like the part about,  you can't sell anything like CDs ??
Well I bet if you took out or had a sellers permit for them you could
and nobody would stop you.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins

~ We are looking for holiday music, entertainers, and costumes. We do
not want loud rock or blues bands, sorry! Get out your funny red hats,
red boas and tinsel, or perhaps you'd like to wear blue & white shawls.
  We welcome the diversity of ethnic celebrations during the winter
solstice season.

~ The SAA is paying $50 per 2-hour slot, doesn't matter if it is one
person or 20, the pay is still $50. You are welcome to pass the hat to
supplement. No other sales allowed, however. Rain cancels at your
discretion.

~ The days you may choose from for outdoor street performances are:

Saturdays December 3, 10, 17, 24
Sundays December 4, 11, 18
Monday December 19
Tuesday December 20
Wednesday December 21
Thursday December 22
Fridays December 23

~ The 2-hour time slots you may choose from are 1-3PM or 3-5PM.

~ After you have chosen a date & time slot, we will assign you a
location. If you need to use electricity, we will give you the name of
a business owner who will let you plug into their store. Please contact
them directly and confirm with them beforehand as a courtesy. Lower
Albany has electricity in the light fixtures about 12' high. BYO
extension cords and something to stand on to reach it. If you would
rather be strolling, that works also! If you want a Berkeley location
YOU MUST BE 100% ACOUSTIC - NOT EVEN A VOICE MIC. Otherwise we have to
get sound permits and we don't want to do that.

~ Choose your time slots now -- no more than three per group, please,
with your specific request for date, time, electric or not, etc. Your
response is DUE BY NOVEMBER 10.

We're looking forward to a wonderful holiday season!

Lisa Bullwinkel
Executive Director
Solano Avenue Assn.
1563 Solano Ave. PMB#101