[Dixielandjazz] More on Rampart Street Blues ((both tunes)

David W. Littlefield dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed Oct 26 05:26:23 PDT 2005

Robinson's "Rampart Street blues" is in my "Dixieland Fake Book Vol. 2". I
really enjoy the Cotton Pickers' versions (one in 1923, another in 1929),
which were my only exposure to the tune.

DixFB Vol. 2 (Bb) should be out next week.

As for Anderson's fake sheet library, Chuck was mainly trying to cram as
much into it as he could. He did not approach the project as a scholar
dealing critically with primary sources: that's the job of the user, who
must always keep that in mind.

--Sheik
http://americanmusiccaravan.com