[Dixielandjazz] More on Rampart Street Blues ((both tunes)

JimSox at aol.com JimSox at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 01:29:26 PDT 2005

In a message dated 10/25/05 11:03:36 PM, civanj at adelphia.net writes:

> In Anderson, it states that Lovie recorded the Robinson tune, but
> upon listening to it, I see it as a totally different melody and
> the composer attribution on redhotjazz.com lists Lovie Austin
> as the composer of the tune her organization recorded.

And what about I've Got the Blues for Rampart Street?   Redhotjazz.com lists
it as a 9/23 recording, Paramount 12063, by Ida Cox Accompanied by Lovie
Austin and Her Blues Seranaders.   Composer   credit to Lovie Austin.   Sounds to
me like the same song as the August 1925 Lovie Austin Rampart Street Blues
instrumental recording you cite.

Jim Branson
Berkeley, Calif.