[Dixielandjazz] Rampart Street BLUES (and South Rampart Street BLUES)

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 25 22:36:49 PDT 2005

 I was just finishing the lead sheet to J. Russell Robinson's
Rampart Street Blues - a reasonably interesting piece.
(beats the hell out of playing "Tin Roof" on every gig at least.)

I realized thought that the Rampart Street Blues I had heard was
the one by Lovey Austin - a definitely different tune, also worth
the trouble.
But I don't have a written source for the latter.
I also discovered that there is a reasonably interesting
SOUTH Rampart Street BLUES (by Buddy Christian & Bob Fuller).

Does anyone have a lead sheet for that last one and also
Lovie Austin's tune "Rampart St. Blues" ??
Bill Haesler,
THere's an unlisted sop sax on the recording of South Rampart
Street Blues by the New Orleans Blue Five (see it at
redhotjazz.com at: http://redhotjazz.com/nob5.html
It sure sounded like Bechet. -- or did Bob Fuller also play soprano?
And, Steve, if you think I'm just doing the old unknown
tunes, I just did sheets for "Up Up and Away" (5th Dimension)
 "Honey Pie" (Beatles) and Ellington's "Warm Valley"
(OK, they're not real recent and Warm Valley, especially........
         ---- whatever..)

Regards,
Craig Johnson
The Maine Street Paraders.