[Dixielandjazz] Re: Darkness On The Delta CD. Being distributed now.

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Oct 18 09:31:38 PDT 2005

Mad Dawg writes regarding the CD Darkness On The Delta:

> The Arizona Jazz Society disaster relief CD for Jazz Musicians "put in
> harm's way by Hurricane Katrina" is being mailed out now. A good job was
> done on this compilation disk and the cover picture alone is worth the
> price! . . . . their web site, as listed on the CD, is
> http://www.azclassicjazz.org.  Note that it is .org and not .com.
>
> Their address is:

> Arizona Classic Jazz Society
> PMB 204
> 9666 E. Riggs Rd.
> Sun Lakes, Ariz
> 85248-7410
>
> It contains numbers by Banu Gibson and her Band, which at that time in LA
> consisted of such musicians as Johnny Varro, Joe Ashworth, and John
> Reynolds to name a few. Also the Buck Creek Jazz Band, John Sheridan's
> Sine Qua Non Quintet, The Titan Hot 7, and the World's Greatest Jazz band.
> . . .  The print on the cover appears to be of a street in the French
> Quarter in almost total darkness and heavy rain and is totally fitting for
> the album. Of course the title song is on the album.
 (snip)

 Barker Hickox of World Jazz Records produced this CD in conjunction with
the AZ Classic Jazz Society.  As I understand, the cost is $20.  $10 of this
will go to the New Orleans musicians, $5 goes to the cost of producing the
CD & the other $5 (after S&H, will go to the Jazz Societies youth program.

Order now.

--Bob Ringwald