[Dixielandjazz] The Dresden Dixieland Festival - World's Largest?

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Oct 15 10:00:08 PDT 2005

At one point in the festival they drive the bands through the streets in
horse drawn carriages (a bit of a drag for a band that uses piano!)" . . . .
. .

>>But, a bigger and slower drag for the drawing horse :-)
Tom Duncan

Nice one, Tom!   :>

Actually, though, it just meant that those in the front line played along
with our string bass & a snare drum.  Horse drawn carriages, fire engines,
etc., are better stage formats for bands with tuba & banjo.  Nevertheless,
we had a strong "second line"....a group of people that attach themselves
around and behind the carriage of their favorite band.  It was good fun at
the time.  Would I go again?  Probably not.  Am I happy I went once?  Yes.

Jim