[Dixielandjazz] Pete Fountain - Lazy Bones for Bob Smith

Dick Baker box2 at twotonbaker.com
Mon Oct 10 10:49:43 PDT 2005

Presumably this is the "Lazy Bones" recording from his 1959 LP "Pete
Fountain's New Orleans" (I have the CD reissue of it).  Personnel are Stan
Wrightsman (piano), Morty Corb (bass) and Jack Sperling (drums).  He
recorded this at least one other time with vibes in the rhythm section as well.

The LP liner notes (reprinted in the CD reissue) don't mention recording
details, and this doesn't seem to be in the Bruyninckx discography, so you
might be hard pressed to get precise details.  I'm sending a copy of this
note to Greg Harrison, who's a good friend and protege of Fountain, in
hopes he'll have your answer.

--
   Dick Baker - Falls Church, Virginia, USA
             box2 at twotonbaker.com