[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans jazz in So. Calif.

Bernard Johnson owlypants at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 11:19:50 PDT 2005

Hello everybody! I just signed up so if I make any goofs please be tolerant!
I would dearly love to form a New Orleans style band in or around Ventura County, California. It is not easy!!!! So far I have only one musician (myself), I will play cornet or clarinet, sooooo I need 5 more.........I'm 65 and I have been playing jazz for 47 of those years (on an amateur level).
I used to play clarinet at most of the Sunday jam sessions in Canoga Park in the 70's. There were a lot of guys playing in those days, hopefully some of you are still around.
If anybody is interested in just getting together for fun please let me know. I'm in Santa Paula so anyone from San Fernando to Santa Barbara would be OK.
Hey guys, I'm desperate!!
All the best, Bernie.