[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 34, Issue 10--Jews and Jazz

Harold Smith s3856lpa at webtv.net
Wed Oct 5 20:02:14 PDT 2005

Well, I suppose I should  say is, "Oy, Vay!"

Bob Newman submitted a list of famous, great Jewish musicians,
composers, and singers.  However, I think I am correct in saying that
Harry Warren was an Italian non-Jew, and that Steve Allen was as Irish
as Patty's Pig.  (A phrase taught to me by a very bona fide Irishman.)

I also very much appreciated Don Mopsick's fine capsule summary on the
subject.

Regards,  Harold Smith