[Dixielandjazz] Wedding Song Requests

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 07:16:57 PDT 2005

Given the recent thread on hellish song requests by brides, thought you
might enjoy this story.

Just got a request listing some 34 songs from the bride for a wedding we are
doing on October 22.

Surprise, we can do all of them without rehearsal.

Seems bride came across her Grandmother's wedding song list circa 1930. The
34 songs included: Margie, It Had to Be You, I Can't Give You Anything But
Love, Ain't Misbehavin, Varsity Drag, Alexander's Ragtime Band, Sweet
Georgia Brown, Makin Whoopee, Fascinatin Rhythm, Lady Be Good, My Blue
Heaven, etc.

Great list from a 24 year old OKOM fan who politely asked if we could play
"some" of them. Bride earlier had requested a 1920s style OKOM wedding but I
thought she was half kidding.

Cheers,
Steve