[Dixielandjazz] new orleans after hurricane and to be remembered

luis daniel flores luda at arnet.com.ar
Wed Oct 5 04:20:33 PDT 2005

Subject: Re: Re: To be remember
> Dear Luis.
> > Thanks for your copy of email to Bill. I am replying in English so you can
send this on to Bill. I thought the CD done by Conney Jones was amongst the
bunch of CDs I grabbed when we last visited our house in NOLA. I have just
checked and no, its not here with me.

> We plan to drive to NOLA Friday morning as we are now allowed back into the
area. We want to clean up some of the mess and pick up clothing and stuff that
we shall need for the cooler weather here in Houston when winter approaches. I
shall look for the CD in question and send you full details next week.

> I have my iMac 5 with me, am expecting Southwestern Bell to connect me to
DSL tomorrow but, carajo, I have forgotten the recording steps!!!!! I shall
pick up my computer file so should be able to resume sending programmes to you
once I have my notes re procedures - we have been through so much bullshit
these past five weeks as the result of these hurricanes (Rita, the bitch,
followed us to Shreveport!!) that my whiskey addled brain is still in neutral.

> I am sorry to say that Lars & Kathy Edegran were badly flooded. Other than
losing everything on the ground floor, Lars lost all his instruments including
his piano. There are signs that Jazz is returning and many of the dives on
Bourbon are up and running.

> Keep the faith and keep in touch
>
> Un abrazo
>
> Clive
> >
> > From: "luis daniel flores" <luda at arnet.com.ar>
> > Date: 2005/10/03 Mon PM 11:02:14 EDT
> > To: "clive" <s_clive at bellsouth.net>,
> > "dixieland jazz mail list" <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>,
> > "Edgerton, Paul A" <paul.edgerton at eds.com>,
> > "Bill Haesler" <bhaesler at bigpond.net.au>
> > CC: "clive smith" <scouser2 at bellsouth.net>
> > Subject: Re: To be remember
> >
> > Bill,
> > I guess that CD is not. Unfortunately, my friend Clive Smith who send me
the
> > tunes is ´´rambling around´´ having leaving New Orleans less than 48 hours
> > before Katrina and could not save His CD collection. According to Clive,
the
> > name of the CD is Rhythm King and beside a young Connie Jones there were a
> > banjoist English man called ´´Les Masket´´ or something like that. In that
CD
> > besides ´´to be remember´´ there are other titles like ´´waiting for
Robert