[Dixielandjazz] Jonathan Russell

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Oct 4 15:14:30 PDT 2005

Steve Barbone wrote:

(snip)
> Thanks also for including a write up about my favorite little jazz kid:
> (for those on the list who do not subscribe to Mississippi Rag)
>
> "Not to be overlooked was the rising star, a 10 year old New York Jazz
> violinist named Jonathan Russell, who appeared in five sets with four
> different bands, totally captivating his audiences.
(snip)

 I am excited to announce that Jonathan has been booked for the Sacramento
Jazz Jubilee, May 26-29, 2006.

He sat in with the band I was playing with at the Great CT Festival in July.
I was knocked out by his musicianship.  We are very excited in Sacramento to
have him featured at our 2006 festival.

--Bob Ringwald