[Dixielandjazz] Jelly Roll Morton Chat List

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 30 13:45:29 PST 2005

>From another Trad Jazz Chat List; For all the Jelly Roll fans.

Cheers,
Steve

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 03:18:44 -0000
   From: "Linda" <jazzgirl1920s at aol.com>
Subject: I would like to invite you to join my Jelly Roll Morton group

Anyone who knows me knows I am a real Jelly Roll Morton nut. One of my
friends said, "Linda, you would buy a CD by Martha Stewart playing
Morton if there was one!" And I buy CD's I can find by anyone playing
Morton tunes.

So I would like any of you who like Morton to join my Jelly Roll
Morton discussion group--

I know what you're thinking- a group where all there is to do is read
posts about how great Linda thinks Jelly Roll Morton is- boring. But...

There's more: In the photos section there is a picture of a one of
kind private recording signed on the label by Morton. The record was a
private recording made in a recording studio on Melrose Blvd. in
Hollywood  in 1940 or 1941 of a piece called Ray's Rag for a fan
named Ray who met Morton in the Jazz Man Record shop. Morton even
wrote Ray's Rag on the label of the 78 besides autographing it-Check
it out in the photos section of my Morton group when you join.

I also hope to get a weekly chat going for all the Morton enthusiasts
out there. And have a lot of discussion on the mysterious Jelly Roll
Pete and the new 8 CD set of Morton's Library of Congress recordings.-
Linda