[Dixielandjazz] Re:Polite snip was Kanny G a jazz musician?

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 26 22:47:06 PST 2005

on 11/26/05 3:38 PM, Bill Gunter at jazzboard at hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi Steve and all,
>
> You wrote:
>
> "Larry Walton Entertainment at larrys.bands at charter.net wrote: (polite
> snip)"
>
> I've seen this usage fairly often over the years with the DJML but I'm not
> sure I know the word "polite" means in this context.
>
> Can someone provide me with some clarification?

As I use it on the many lists to which I belong, "polite snip" means that
you are carefully commenting about the "snip" only. But not using it out of
context, to change the meaning of the original post, and/or twisting its
meaning while using it to answer the entire post.

In other words, the snip stands by itself and the reply is commenting on the
snip only. . . not taking something out of context.

E.g. Original post: "I am a communist hater."

Impolite snip out of context: Steve wrote "I am a communist".

Cheers,
Steve