[Dixielandjazz] Trombone substitutes

RICK KNITTEL knittelsportland at juno.com
Thu Nov 24 05:48:43 PST 2005

Hello Listmates;

I am usually a lurker but couldn't help adding my 2 cents on this topic.

I own a Conn combination valve and slide trombone (not on the same set
up) and care for the tonal quality of nether one, (not fat enough for
me). I also own a King Trombonium which is in the fashion of an Eb alto
horn but bigger and in the trombone range. I occasionally bring that to a
gig just for the effect of having pretty women come up to the band stand
to ask me, "What is the name of that instrument?" The trombonium has a
fatter sound than my valve trombone but nothing really compares to the
sound I can get on my King 2B and 3B and my Conn 8H.

JAZZBONE