[Dixielandjazz] SPAM BLOCKER

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 07:18:11 PST 2005

Just to clear up Dave's Note. I review all held messages in my spam file. I
answer those and add the address if the message is legit. Saw Dave's,
answered it and he was already in my address book when he tried to process
his "allowed sender" request". If you want to write me off list, just
identify a subject that I will recognize and I will see it.

Cheers,
Steve

David Richoux at tubaman at tubatoast.com wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Your Earthlink net-nanny has blocked a personal reply (off-list) and
> I cannot now answer those questions  as required - see this quote -
> such a wonderful thing...
>
> ERROR: Unable to process Allowed Sender request.
>
> We're sorry. Because your original message to the recipient is no
> longer available, we cannot process this Allowed Sender request.
> Your message may have expired, or the recipient may have accepted
> or deleted it. You may wish to resend your original message, and
> check your email shortly thereafter for a new Allowed Sender
> Request message.

Hi Dave:

I saw and answered your first "blocked" mail, and while at it added you to
my "allowed senders" address book. Thus your original message went into my
regular mail file. I received the above message just fine. While folks get
that awful note, I see the messages in my spam hold file and answer them if
they are legit, and delete if not. Plus I add the address in so that future
messages like yours above will come into my regular mail.

I just opened my mail this AM and had 25 messages (from midnight to 9 AM) in
my spam hold file, none of them legit which is why I went to such lengths to
block spam

Bottom line: I had already added your address when you processed the allowed
sender request and so  your original message was no longer in the "hold"
file which prompted that second automatic note.