[Dixielandjazz] Straw hats, Garters, Vests, Etc.

jsbarque at netscape.net jsbarque at netscape.net
Mon Nov 21 16:48:36 PST 2005

Band uniforms can be a necessary evil. Somtimes better than the casual rags blokes will turn up in if left to decide for themselves, though.

I have a straw boater hat in safe keeping just in case there is a call for it. In the early 1970s we had a banjo band called the Banjo Syncopators, rigged out in straw boaters and striped blazers. A good way to present an act at the time. The hat still fits but the jacket doesn't. No doubt, fashions are likely to come around again. Ya want the gig, you wear the uniform and be happy about it.

best regards

Tony Orr
banjo - Foster's Foaming Five
Melbourne