[Dixielandjazz] Re:Bob Enavoldsen passes

Trumpetom at aol.com Trumpetom at aol.com
Mon Nov 21 14:47:10 PST 2005

He was my first music teacher beginning in 1957; he gave lessons in  his
garage studio. A very kind & talented man (also a very patient  teacher), I recall
at that time he was playing valve trombone (and arranging)  with Shelly
Manne. During the same period he was also playing tenor sax with Ray  Anthony, and
string bass with Bobby Troup; also writing charts and playing as a  regular
with the Lighthouse All Stars. I also remember he led a tenor band.  A while
back I found one or two Dave Pell octet arrangements that he arranged.  Later he
was in the house band on the Steve Allen Show. I believe he also played
violin or viola professionally. He was an amazing talent. His jazz solos were
intelligent and poetic. I saw him playing at a concert with Bill Holman's Band a
few years ago. We hadn't seen each other in about 37 years. He remembered me
AND  he even asked me about my mother. He was a special person. I am sad that
he has  left us.

Tom Loeb
_www.hotsytotsyboys.com_ (http://www.hotsytotsyboys.com)