[Dixielandjazz] Fifty year and holding.

Robert Smith robert.smith at mitransport.no
Mon Nov 21 14:26:17 PST 2005

Dear Jean and Don

Congratulations on the first fifty years from Norway, (and it don' seem a
day too long!).
Chris and I were married May 2, 1953. By bad planning, they arranged the
English Cup Final on that day when Blackpool beat Bolton Wanderers 4-3. It
was a lovely sunny day but we suddenly found ourselves alone in the garden.
All the guests had vanished indoors to watch the football match. A couple of
days or so later, it was announced that Hillary and Tensing had conquered
Everest.

Cheers

Bob Smith