[Dixielandjazz] Re: Ethel Waters singing "His Eye is on the Sparrow?"

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Nov 19 17:15:26 PST 2005

Yes, I now have the file - thanks Bill!

Sing Miller's version is very nice - I have played it on my show
several times over the years. My first real contact with New Orleans
jazz came in the late 1970s when a comedy marching band I am still in
(Los Trancos Woods Community Marching Band) would open for
Preservation Hall when they played on July 4th at Stanford
University. Alan Jaffe always asked our band to play - maybe to show
off his band as so much better, but anyway, I got to hear some great
music and a year or so after that I was playing it!

Dave Richoux