[Dixielandjazz] Re: Copying

Mike C. mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Thu Nov 17 08:06:26 PST 2005

  I really don't have an opinion on the matter either way. I think it's almost impossible with today's technology to prevent or discourage cd copying. You don't even need a cd burner anymore, you can get a recording program that records sounds on your computer and no amount of anti-theft technology built into a cd can stop it.

  Sony tried to stop it in a rather underhanded way and I think they will be paying the price for that blunder for years to come.

  The current trend is going away from buying cds and has been for sometime now. Eventually buying music will be all electronic and media will become obsolete. The record companies will either be unwilling or unable to keep up or fight against it.

Just my opinion,
Mike

Personally, I'm against CD copying, too--I think everyone who