[Dixielandjazz] Mighty Aphrodite Jazz Band

Coastsidegiraffe at aol.com Coastsidegiraffe at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 23:26:48 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/13/05 11:26:53 AM, bbradford at cruisecafe.com writes:

> I would appreciate any comments on this West Coast group. I have been
> approached about booking them for a gig but don't know much about about
> them. Supposedly they are fantastic, but that opinion may be biased.  :-)

The 2 leaders, Claire and Bria were with the Lousianna Joymakers previously -
incredibly talented young ladies - both on their instruments (clarinet/sax
and trumpet respectively) as well as vocals... Mighty Aphrodite just appeared at
the AZ Classic Jazz Festival (4 days in Chandler, AZ) and they were
outstanding!....every woman in this band is a professional and a talent!...Book 'em and
you won't be sorry.
Karen
Pacifica, CA