[Dixielandjazz] Click Tuning Barrel

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Nov 14 22:02:27 PST 2005

The click barrel does work.  If you are a purist then have the barrel
you own cut down or add tuning rings if it's too short.  It's a lot
cheaper to have your barrel cut down or add rings. BTW tuning rings are
stuck in with cork grease so you can remove them if you want later.  My
barrel circumcision cost $15 to have a few mm shaved off by guys that
knew what they were doing.  Don't buy the cheap one because it doesn't
have a locking ring and in time will move about as easily as a trombone
slide.  Other adjustable barrels have problems too like wiggling as you
play.  I really dislike that.
Larry Walton
St. Louis