[Dixielandjazz] Kids & Jazz

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 14 08:53:31 PST 2005

> Hey Steve-
>
> Directions for Sunday?? Jonatahn just played a wonderful concert at a
> lobrary with Ed Polcer and Mark Shane. We are going to try and take the
> act and book it in libraries and schools as an intergenerational jazz
> concert...It was neat today- there were lots of families there with
> young kids.

Dear List mates:

Note from ten year old jazz violinist Jonathan Russell's mother is above. He
will be at Suncoast OKOM Festival this Thursday, Friday, part of Saturday
with Wally's Warehouse Waifs and other bands. GO SEE HIM IF THERE.

He is returning before festival end to do a Sunday gig with Barbone Street
because he is honoring a prior commitment. (Brooklawn NJ) A real pro.

But that is not the main point of this post. Note that he just did a
"library" gig with Ed Polcer and Mark Shane in NYC. Note that families and
kids attended. Note that Ed, Mark and "J" hope to expand this to other
libraries and schools in the NYC area.

I appeal to any of you who have any sort of connections with those types of
venues in the NYC area to contact Ed, Mark, or "J" and pass that information
on to them.

Musical content? "This Could Be The Start Of Something Big."

Cheers,
Steve