[Dixielandjazz] Tuning the clarinet

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Sun Nov 13 11:41:45 PST 2005

I had a first time experience yesterday while playing at a winery.  The day was
beautiful, warm but not hot and not humid.

Using the "Click" barrel that I have now learned how to operate, I started at
about 64 mm, [ up one from the bottom ] at the end of the first set I had gone
sharp and clicked up two more steps.  At the end of the second set I had to click
up two more mm go get back in tune.  And it was the first time I really had a
"long" adjustment from the first position and it  was the first time I actually
needed several adjustments during one afternoon of performing.  It is real handy
to be able to adjust with out changing barrels.  I don't know why I kept get
getting sharper and sharper, but ....?

I have never been a person who uses "gizmos", but this one works.

Russ Guarino