[Dixielandjazz] Teddy B. & Elvis

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Nov 12 14:04:41 PST 2005

I just watched an excellent documentary on the life of Elvis Presley.  In a
clip from one of his films (in black & white) there was Teddy Buckner
playing trumpet just to the right of Elvis!  It was great to see Teddy
playing in his one handed trumpet way he used to do.  Great!  Don't know
what the film was, or the song they were playing.  It may have been Bill
Woodward on trombone just to the right of Teddy, also.  I know Teddy was
used in films when they didn't want to pay the price for Louis, as Teddy was
round, played trumpet & had other similar likeness to Louis!   From the
trumpet licks I heard, I would say it was Teddy playing on the soundtrack,
also.

Jim