[Dixielandjazz] Cell Block Seven

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 10:30:40 PST 2005

Hi Cindi...
I first heard the ORIGINAL Cell Block 7 jazz band in Texas in 1954 and I
thought it was great...
In 1981 I started a band and liked the "prison" uniform theme and I thought
the first band was named Jail House 7...later I heard from Tommy Loy
correcting me. I brought him to California for several gigs/festivals and we
became very good friends. He went to the Edinburgh International Jazz And
Blues Festival with us in 2003, and sadly passed away form Pancreatic cancer
three months later. A terrible loss...he was loved and cherished by SO many
people! He gave me one several of the original band flyers showing pics of
them playing for Bob Hope, Ed Sullivan, and Phil Harris...I could mail you
one if you like!
Rusty Brown, the drummer, was the leader of the band.
Here is the email of one his daughters who lives in Texas...
Lindi Boyer
E-mail Address:
  bgrouptx at yahoo.com
Warm regards,