[Dixielandjazz] Re: The Piano A = 420

DWSI at aol.com DWSI at aol.com
Fri Nov 11 07:20:59 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/11/2005 10:02:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com writes:

Steve:

> Excuse me all over the place, but isn't A =  440?

If it is in tune, yes. But the context of the paragraph was  "out of tune"
pianos and electronic tuning devices. Sorry if I did not make  that clear.

Cheers,
Steve

Steve:

AAAAHHhhhh. OK. Thanks. Because I bow to your superior  professional
experience, I was hoping I didn't have to change my definition of  that little fact.
Of course, if you say it's 420, Steve, I'll put that in my  notebook for future
reference. With electronic systems these days, who knows  what it'll be?

Thanks,

Dan (the backup piano man) Spink