[Dixielandjazz] Tuning

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Nov 10 09:46:21 PST 2005

The 10 G is a great instrument because of it's big bore.  I find that i
have to use a short barrel with it.  I took one into the shop and had it
shortened slightly shorter than  the length of my click barrel's
smallest size.  This gives me a little wiggle room.

I have a metal clarinet which I used to use on parades.  I played with a
Shrine drum and bugle corps for awhile and at the end of the parades
they would stand around and entertain the crowds with some tunes.  I
could then play the dixie clarinet things with the metal clarinet.  It
isn't the best of instruments and most were poor but I did have one at a
school that was a really good one.  So I guess they were pretty uneven
in quality.
Larry Walton.
St. Louis