[Dixielandjazz] George Shearing In Dixieland

Jack Tracy JackTracy26 at msn.com
Wed Nov 9 15:32:50 PST 2005

     Stan Brager writes regarding the George Shearing Dixieland CD:

   (snip)
    > Bob Ringwald had this album many years ago and I remember listening
  to it.
    > The music was pleasant but not very exciting. I wasn't impressed at
  the
   > time.
   >
    > The Anachronic JB did a much better job of playing modern jazz tunes
  in > the
   > early jazz styles.
   (snip)

   Bob Ringwald adds:

    I was thinking the same thing. The CD is packed away in a shed
  somewhere. I have not seen it since I moved out of Tinsel Town, 10 1/2
  years ago.

    But as I remember, even though there were great musicians on it, it
  did not grab me. I was thinking that I would like to hear it again, 10
  years later to see what my opinion of it would be now. You know, your
  taste in music changes over the years.

   --Bob Ringwald

  I bought the CD used about 5 years ago and had the same opinion--bland. Just for kicks I pulled it out this afternoon and played it again. Result?  Blander.

  Jack Tracy