[Dixielandjazz] George Shearing In Dixieland

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 9 07:11:44 PST 2005

Colin Toomer (lurker from New Zealand) and I were discussing this album off
list. I've not heard it hence this inquiry to list mates, and a request for
comments.

Has anybody on list heard this album? Please comment, especially about the
treatment of Blue Monk, Desafinado, Lullaby of Birdland and Take Five.
Sounds like it might be fun to do these tunes. (BSJB does Blue Monk but not
the others)

Cheers,
Steve

George Shearing in Dixieland by George Shearing

TRACK LISTING
1. Clap Yo' Hands  2. Mighty Like the Blues  3. Truckin'  4. Fascinating
Rhythm  5. Destination Moon  6. New Orleans  7. Soon  8. Take Five  9.
Lullaby of Birdland  10. Jazz Me Blues  11. Blue Monk  12. Desafinado  13.
Honeysuckle Rose  14. Alice In Dixieland

CREDITS:   Leonard Feather Liner Notes   George Shearing Main Performer,
Piano; Neil Swainson, Bass; Ken Peplowski, Sax (Tenor); George Masso,
Trombone; Kenny Davern, Clarinet; Jerry Fuller, Drums;  Warren Vache, Cornet