[Dixielandjazz] Using the Cycle of 5th/4ths

Mike C. mike at michaelcryer.com
Tue Nov 8 09:23:06 PST 2005

I am black and no offense is taken. I have noticed some of that too, but
I'm not sure it was as cut and dry as you are try to suggest. Flat keys
are better for horn players and sharp keys are better for string players
due to the open strings are the sharp keys.

Mike

It might also be useful to explain that jazz that was written by 'white'