[Dixielandjazz] Some good stuff

Vaxtrpts at aol.com Vaxtrpts at aol.com
Sun Nov 6 16:52:31 PST 2005

OK - I know, I posted two negative messages in a row.  Well, I calls  'em as
I see's 'em, I guess.
Here is a really positive one.
I have a tape that someone sent me and for the live of me, I can't remember
who sent it, but I just got to listen to it for the first time.
It is a group called The Anachronic Jazz Band.  It was recorded back  in 1976
and 1978 in France.  This group is not only fantastic, but their  fresh ideas
of how to blend old and new are just phenomenal.
They play Be-bop tunes in a trad/two beat style and it WORKS!   The
arrangements are great and the playing is wonderful!
Had anybody else ever heard this recording?
Mike Vax