[Dixielandjazz] But what about...

charliew8fim at verizon.net charliew8fim at verizon.net
Sun Nov 6 14:01:39 PST 2005

Hi Gordon,   You're right.  Let's not talk about PF and the inductive VA that the electric companies charge for.  Since we're talking DC, that's not a problem.  As to Hertz and CPS, they are identical.   When alternating current and radio came into being, the accepted term for the frequency of the wave was cycles per second, kilocycles, megacycles etc. and indeed described the number of complete cycles per second.  Then someone decided to 'honor' Mr. Heinrich Hertz who first described the sinusoidal wave.  So now instead of cps, kc or mc,  we have Hz kHz or mHz.  Note the capitalization of the 'proper name'.
Musical content:   "You never HERTZ the one you love"
Now for the music at hand:  West End Jazz Band "We're In the 20's" == Go for it Mike and Leah!!!!