[Dixielandjazz] Hi, Just Joined!

Jara Queeto jara at queeto.com
Sat Nov 5 10:39:33 PST 2005

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the wonderful assortment of
characters here.

My name is Jara Queeto, living in Oakland, CA (born here as well).
Ever since my first trip to New Orleans in 2000, I've been inspired
and impassioned to re-create music fueled by the original spark that
first created jazz.

My most recent creation has been my group: The Blue Bone Express.
We've been playing for about a year and a half and have recently been
hitting some strides. We attempt to play what you guys might call
OKOM or Dixieland Jazz, though we are certainly far from being purists.

We're a five piece including Tuba, Drums, Trombone, and Baritone/Alto
Saxophone. I play the piano and trumpet and compose some of the
music. We also sometimes play with two drummers and parade around
with professional dancers. We won 2nd place in our category (world/
contemporary) in this year's San Francisco Carnaval Parade.

I invite you to check out our website http://blueboneexpress.com .
We're working on recording some new stuff. The MP3s on our site are
from last December.

Oh, and btw, we all span in age from 28-32 which I guess makes us
"young".

So, pleasure to join. Hope to meet some of you someday.

Jara