[Dixielandjazz] No Reeds?

Len Nielsen lennielsen at telus.net
Fri Nov 4 20:43:19 PST 2005

Ted

When Al Smith (cornet) came to Victoria on his good-bye tour with High
Sierra, the group had a clarinet added. The clarinet fit was so good it
seemed that they had been playing that way forever. My reaction
was....Great, this is the way it should be!

It doesn't change the fact that they were fan favourites with the old
instrumentation.

Len Nielsen