[Dixielandjazz] Re: For you "Hi-Fi" fanatics: a Woofer that goes downto 1 Hz!

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 4 13:48:36 PST 2005

> Now we get whole houses that boom annoyingly instead of just cars driven by
selfish deaf people.<

Dear Ron,
Which reminded me that that English trumpet player Humphrey Lyttelton had a
house in the country, designed sometime in the early 50s, where the conical
roof to the music room looked like, and doubled as, a gigantic gramophone
horn, with the sound source at the top.
I had the details in an architectural magazine when I was a student.
The house was also featured in hi fi mags at the time.
British DJML friends may recall the finer details.
Kind regards,
Bill.