[Dixielandjazz] A Unique Gig - November 20, 2005 - For Tri State Jazz Society

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 4 09:08:48 PST 2005

Dear Fans, Friends & Clients:

A quick note about a unique gig at the Brooklawn American Legion Post 72.

Sunday - November 20 - 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM

Barbone Street Jazz Band with Special Guest Jonathan Russell.

Jonathan Russell is a 10 year old Jazz Violinist, from New York City, who is
just beginning to get national recognition. He is the subject of a feature
article by Jim Uhl on Page One of "The  American Rag", November issue. He is
unbelievable, and returning a day early from the Sun Coast Jazz Festival in
Clearwater Florida in order to make this gig in New Jersey sponsored by the
Tri State Jazz Society.

This is a rare chance to see/hear him improvising with a high energy jazz
band. We've performed with him about a dozen times during the past two years
and he never fails to astound the audience. (and us)

So come on by if you are in the area. $15 admission, $10 for students.

Brooklawn American Legion Post 72 - Railroad Avenue - Brooklawn NJ. About
two miles from the NJ side of the Walt Whitman Bridge a few blocks from
Route 130.

Food is available, and there will be dancing to some high energy Dixieland,
Swing and New Orleans Jazz. Contact me if you need directions.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone