[Dixielandjazz] Chuck McLain

Coastsidegiraffe at aol.com Coastsidegiraffe at aol.com
Tue Nov 1 17:57:24 PST 2005

Art,
this is a tremendous loss to you and to everyone who knew and loved Chuck.
I only knew him casually, but every time he talked to me, he really talked
....to me.   And I've heard and enjoyed the Barrelhouse Jazz Band.   But what
struck me most about Chuck was his ever-present smile and his total acceptance of
everyone.   And his joyous dancing with sweet, sweet Sue - at the New Year
party in San Francisco this past January and yes, at the Wine Country festival
in Rohnert Park dancing to that incredible set that Paramount played.....what
joy that man took in life!...and how well he lived it.   He will be missed, but
more important, he will be well remembered.
Karen
Pacifica, CA