[Dixielandjazz] Re: Composer of "Black Cat On The Fence"?

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Tue May 31 16:49:33 PDT 2005

Thanks for your help with "Black Cat On The Fence".

I'll go with Charlie Love in 1949 as being close enough.

Cheers,
Bruce

From: <louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:01:33 -0400 (EDT)

Depending on which source you seek there are two contenders for authorship,
year unknown - Narvin Kimball and Emanual Sayles.

I have no definitive view, but some-one(Bill Haesler!!) I am sure will let
us know

Best

Louis