[Dixielandjazz] origins of the tune "Stardust"

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Thu May 26 09:39:03 PDT 2005

Hi Bud, don't forget to take a bow yourself. Bud sat in with the Rainbow
Gardens Jazz Orchestra one night at our regular restaurant gig and was
wonderful. His tuba made the band sound quite different and we all
remembered it for a long time after. It was one of the reasons I went out
and bought a Bass Sax (I just ain't got brass player lips). So, thanks Bud.

I think that HC said somewhere that it took him a year to work out Stardust
and that Bix's playing influenced it but I'm trying to sort out what's what
with Stardust.

  _____