[Dixielandjazz] origins of the tune "Stardust"

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Thu May 26 09:24:48 PDT 2005

Tom, thanks. Here's some info you might find interesting. What I'm digging
for in my question is really summed up in John Ford's film Liberty Valence
when he says in effect - when legend turns becomes fact, print the legend.
When it comes to "Stardust" what does modern scholarship weigh as legend and
what as fact?

http://www.freep.com/entertainment/music/star7_20020407.htm