[Dixielandjazz] AFJS Invites You To Washington For Our First 2005 Event

Max Houston Mhouston at DWORBELL.com
Wed May 25 15:15:41 PDT 2005

Hello to all. I'm new to the list but wanted to let you guys know about an event that the American Federation of Jazz Societies is holding in the next couple of weeks. There is more information on our website, www.afjs.org, and a direct link to the events section below. We hope that you can make it out!
Kindest regards,
Max
Maxwell Houston
Associate Director
American Federation of Jazz Societies
1625 Massachusetts Ave. NW, Suite 601
Washington, DC  20036
P: 202.939.1789
F: 202.265.4435
E: mhouston at dworbell.com

Planning the Future of Our Past:
Keeping Historic Jazz Loved and Appreciated
Join the American Federation of Jazz Societies for our upcoming symposium and jam session, "Planning the Future of Our Past: Keeping Historic Jazz Loved and Appreciated," June 10 & 11 in Washington, DC.
This event will feature:
*	Panel Discussions on:
*	Defining Traditional and Historic Jazz
*	The Role of Media in Cultivating a Jazz Audience
*	Attracting Young People to Jazz
*	The Role of Historic Jazz in Festival Programs
*	A Private, Behind the Scenes Tour of the Smithsonian Institution's Jazz Collections
*	Networking Opportunities with Other Jazz Enthusiasts
For more information about this event and to register, please visit http://www.afjs.org/Events/tabid/575/Default.aspx