[Dixielandjazz] Sacto Pre Jubilee events

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue May 24 14:15:31 PDT 2005

Mark L Heller mheller1 at nycap.rr.com asks, regarding the Sacramento Jazz
Jubilee:

> Does anyone know the time and place of the Thursday night events (in past
> years at Cal Expo)?  Thanks

I don't know about the time and place in past years but...
The Thursday night, May 26, 2005 concert at Cal EXPO this year will feature
The Buck Creek Jazz Band from Virginia, Bova (or Boba, not sure) from
Poland, Coronet Chop Suey from St. Louis and Paco Gatsby from Guatemala.
The tickets are $8 in advance & $10 at the door.

The concert is from 6:00 - 11:00 PM at the RV Pavilion at Cal EXPO.

There is also an East coast All-star concert at Savanna's Lounge at the
Sacramento In Red Lion.  I think that concert is like 7:30 - 10:30.  Howard
Alden puts the band together.  I know John Allred will be in it.  He usually
has Johnny Varro, piano, Jake Hanna drums, Randy Reinhart trumpet & Harry
Allen sax.

For more info, call the Jubilee HQs, (916) 372-5277 or check out the web
site, www.sacjazz.com

--Bob Ringwald
Fulton Street Jazz Band
The Boondockers (Jazz and Comedy)